Recipe with Philadelphia Original Whipped
Carrot is a root vegetable that is grown worldwide. There are various carrot varieties available, and they can be found in markets throughout the year. 🥕
This recipe originated from the « marmiton » website.
- 1 ¾ LB ~ 28 oz (800 g) Fresh Whole Carrots
- 8 oz ~1/2 LB (approx. 230 g) Yellow medium Onions Fresh
- 12 oz ~3/4 LB (approx. 320 g) Yellow medium Potatoes Whole Fresh
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) water
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- 3 tablespoons (33 g) of Philadelphia Original Whipped
Step 1 : Vegetable preparation
Peel, wash, and cut the onions, carrots, and potatoes into pieces.
Start with the onions to begin cooking right away!
Step 2 : Cooking
- Place the onions in a pressure cooker or in an instant pot with a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté for a few minutes (without covering).
- Add in the carrots, potatoes, 60 cl of water, salt and about 1/2 teaspoon each of curry and cumin.
- Cook for 20 minutes after the pressure builds up in the cooker.
Step 3 : Carrot Velouté
- After cooking, pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Philadelphia Original Whipped and blend until smooth with an immersion blender.
Enjoy your Cumin and Carrot Velouté !
Gisou’s Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to increase the amount of cumin and curry to your liking.
- Carrots are rich in carotenoids (provitamin A, which is transformed into vitamin A by our bodies).
- Cumin is a spice that has been used for centuries. It offers numerous health benefits, especially for soothing digestive issues.
- Curry is not a single spice as often believed, but a blend of spices.