Gluten-Free – Egg-Free
This bûche is truly unique with its creamy texture made from butternut squash. The sliced almonds add a satisfying crunch to this delicious dessert. 🎅
When I stumbled upon Karen’s recipe on the “Healthy Cooking” website, I couldn’t resist giving it a try! Of course, I added my own personal touch to it. 😉
Prep Time : 30 min
Cook Time : 10 min
- Peel and remove the seeds from the butternut squash. Cut it into small pieces and steam them in a pressure cooker basket for about 10 minutes.
- After the squash is cooked, remove the basket from the pressure cooker and let the butternut squash drain.
- Crush the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl, then add the coconut oil and almond butter. Set the bowl over a saucepan of water to melt the ingredients together using a double boiler. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor fitted with an S blade. Add the butternut squash pieces and the sugar.
- Process for about 2 minutes until you achieve a very smooth texture. Stir in the sliced almonds, then pour the mixture into a bûche mold.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Unmold and decorate to your liking before serving.
Enjoy and Happy Christmas !
Gisou’s Tips and Tricks
- I crafted my own bûche mold using two fruit juice bottles. an idea I found on the website “Bon. ap‘ “: (check out the video and photos). I lined the bottom of the mold with plastic wrap to help facilitate removal of the bûche.