A cake with the sweet flavors of walnuts and honey that is incredibly easy to make and can be served for breakfast or as a snack. 🐝
Walnuts in France are primarily produced in the southern half of the country: Périgord, Dauphiné, Isère, Drôme, and Savoie. They are harvested around autumn. France is currently the leading walnut-producing country in Europe.
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 30 min
Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
- Grind half of the walnuts into a fine powder and roughly chop the other half.
- Heat the honey in a double boiler.
- In a bowl, mix the finely ground walnuts with the flour and baking powder, then add the chopped walnuts.
- Add the warm honey, 2 eggs, and yogurt. Mix again until you have a homogeneous batter.
- Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes at 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) on the convection setting, middle rack.
- Once cooled, wrap the cake in aluminum foil.
Hope you like the walnut and honey cake !
Gisou’s Tips and Tricks:
- I made this cake without butter or added sugar because the walnuts already provide enough fat (which you’ll notice at the end of baking) and the honey offers sufficient sweetness.
- Among all nuts, walnuts are the richest in polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6) and omega-9.
They are also rich in vitamin E, B-group vitamins, as well as minerals and trace elements such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and iron.