Lemon Zest Cookies
A healthy and low-sugar cookies recipe with a delightful lemon flavor. Instead of flour, I used oat flakes.
The dough has a very sandy texture, which makes it difficult to shape the cookies by hand. Therefore, it’s important to use a silicone mold with cookies imprints. 🍋
Prep Time : 25 min
Cook Time : 15 min
Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Step 1 : Preparation
- Wash and dry the lemon, then zest it into a mixing bowl.
- Roughly grind 1 cup of rolled oats and pour them into the bowl. Mix them with the granulated sugar.
- Add the egg yolk, vegetable oil, and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients with a fork. The dough will have a sandy texture, so it’s normal not to be able to form a homogeneous ball.
Step 2 : Baking
- Spoon the dough into a small silicone mold and flatten the surface of each cookie with the back of a spoon to pack them well.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° F (180° C) using the convection mode on the third rack level in the oven.
Enjoy these lemon cookies !
Gisou’s Tips and Tricks
- Note that the cookies imprints on the mold should not be too deep to ensure even baking!
- Oat flakes are packed with high levels of iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and other minerals.
- Unlike most cookies I have made so far, these have a sandy and crunchy texture right out of the oven. The sandy effect diminishes slightly the next day.