With Coconut Flower Sugar
This recipe is a big hit with kids. The muffins are soft, and what a delight to find melting chocolate in the middle when you take a bite! The coconut sugar gives the dough a special flavor and scent. 💖
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 20 min
Ingredients for 7 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
- You need two bowls: one for the “dry” mixture and the other for the “liquid” mixture.
In the first bowl, mix the 2 eggs with the yogurt and the vegetable oil.
Add the apple sauce.
- In the second bowl, mix 1 ½ of flour, ¼ cup of coconut sugar and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir with a fork.
- Put a large tablespoon of dough in the muffin tin (preferably silicone, to avoid buttering), then a teaspoon of chocolate spread, and then cover with another tablespoon of dough.
- Bake in the oven at 350 °F (180° C), level 2, convection bake for 20 minutes.
Enjoy your Fudgy Chocolate Heart Muffins !
Les infos et astuces de Gisou
- Rather than a tablespoon, I find an “ice cream scoop” to be a handy tool. It helps get the right amount for each portion and prevents the dough from sticking to the scoop. For muffins, two small “scoops” should do the trick.