This recipe will yield delicious, thin, and crispy chocolate chip cookies. It is made without butter, eggs or added sugar. The chocolate and hazelnut butter provide enough sweetness and flavor to these cookies. 🍪
I slightly modified the recipe I found on Rabia’s blog, “la ligne gourmande“.
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 25 min
- 1/3 cup (50 g) spelt flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) neutral tasting oil, such as grapeseed or canola
- 3 tablespoons (50 g) hazelnut butter or almond butter
- 2 fl oz (50 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chocolate chips
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Lightly blend the rolled oats and pour it into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients: hazelnut butter, water, oil, salt, blended rolled oats, chocolate chips, spelt flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder.
- Mix everything together to form a dough ball.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celsius).
- Take a walnut-sized piece of dough, form a small ball, and flatten it between your hands to make a round cookie shape.
- Place the cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325° F (170°C) in a convection oven on the second rack level for 25 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool before enjoying them!
Gisou’s Tips and Tricks
- The dough has a sandy texture, making it difficult to use cookie cutters. That’s why I prefer shaping the cookies with the palm of my hands.
- Store these cookies in a metal container with the bottom lined with absorbent paper (such as a paper towel).